apnea jewellery are made of brass.
Our gold plated jewellery uses a layer of 18 kt yellow gold on based brass.
- Make-up can cause blackening or smudging.
- Avoid direct contact with chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering. Chlorine, detergents and oils can all cause damage.
- Thoroughly dry jewellery after exposure to water: moisture can cause tarnishing & may weaken springs & clasps.
- Sterling silver tarnishes naturally and requires occasional cleaning.
- The black oxide on silver may wear off in time, depending on wear and the amount of care taken. However, the darkened areas should remain in crevices, giving the piece an antiqued appearance.
- Plated items can naturally fade over time depending on frequency of wear but with the proper love and care your apnea pieces will remain beautiful for years to come. You can get plated items re-plated with your local jeweller or by sending them back to us [costs apply].
- Always put jewellery on last as a finishing touch after getting ready.
- Store your pieces away from extreme cold or heat, sunlight, moisture, hard surfaces, and other pieces of jewellery, preferably in the packaging provided to avoid any damage or scratching.